We’ve been super busy – behind the scenes – here at DeafInPrison.com, so we haven’t been posting as much as I would like. But rest assured that we’re working hard on several projects that will end up as enjoyable and informative content for you – our precious readers. I did however, want to take a minute away from the grind, to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, and to give my thanks to you – all of you – for the past year and a half’s support and succor. DeafInPrison.com
wouldn’t be what it is, without you.
During today’s festivities, let’s also take a minute to think about those of us for whom this day will most assuredly not be a happy one. The roughly 4 million of us who find themselves – wrongfully or rightfully – on the wrong side of the barbed wire. When the innocent go to prison it’s a travesty, and a tragedy. When the guilty go, it is as punishment, not for punishment. Nelson Mandela said, “No one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
But if you’re Deaf, and in prison – then on this holiday and all others, you are truly alone.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- Kids in Adult Jails: Almost Half States Stopping Practice (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Growing Gratitude for Thanksgiving (writingtofreedom.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! Watch America get fatter by state over 25 years (washingtonpost.com)
- Thanksgiving: Beer Bloggers Getting Non-Traditional (boozedancing.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (bookblogbake.com)
- Guilt-free Thanksgiving: is it possible? (hellotofit.wordpress.com)
- The Thanksgiving Calorie Rant (lifewithlyn.com)
- Supporter Contribution by Dr. Damara Paris (deafinprison.wordpress.com
- Mac’s Reach Exceeded His Grasp (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- The Heart of Worship in ASL (silentheartministries.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Administrative Information, Felix Garcia Case | Tagged: #JusticeForFelix, #Keep ASL In Schools, #StopHearingLossBullying, BitcoDavid, Deaf in Prison, Deaf Inmates, DeafInPrison.com, Gratitude, Nelson Mandela, Thanksgiving | 4 Comments »