This is a PDF letter written to General Council Greg Buzzard. This letter was written as a follow-up to a meeting that took place on September 4th.
Represented were:, and C.U.R.E. National (Citizens United for the Rehabilitation of Errants), Embracing Lambs, Helping Educate to Advance the Rights of the Deaf (HEARD), and The Justice Silenced Campaign.
DeafInPrison.com was surely there in spirit.
The injustices that Deaf and Hard of Hearing Citizens endure in the Courts, interactions with Law Enforcement, and in the Correctional System, are beyond reproach.
Click on this link to view the entire letter:
We wish to emphasize the urgency for the establishment of a bipartisan/bicameral Congressional Caucus for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Citizens that would focus on common legislative objectives to assure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other laws that protect people with disabilities, in all aspects of the government, including, our Courts, Law Enforcement, and the Correctional System.
- Could Taylor Swift End Up Performing For Deaf Audience? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- More News from HEARD (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Denver Council to weigh $695,000 settlement in death of deaf inmate (denverpost.com)
- Reading Levels and the Jail Medical Psychological Intake Form (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Innocent deaf woman spends 60 hours in jail without interpreter – From Prisonmovent’s Weblog (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
Filed under: News Tagged: | Americans with Disabilities Act, Arrest, Deaf Culture, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, Pat Bliss, postaday, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TTY Phones, Video Interpreter Service