This is a PowerPoint document, containing art works by Deaf artists in Texas. The exhibit was funded by the National Endowment of the Arts, VSA Arts, Southeast Texas Arts Council and the Texas School for the Deaf, in Spring 2008 at Lamar University and Texas School for the Deaf.
In putting together this post, I saw some of these works – and believe me, they’re worth the effort.
- Hero of Galveston Island: The Legacy of Leroy Colombo (1905-1972) (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Could Taylor Swift End Up Performing For Deaf Audience? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Day 1, Deaf Awareness Week (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Deaf Culture Behind Bars – the Book (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Miranda, Hearing Juveniles and Deaf Juvenile Offenders (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Deaf students form Brazilian band (bigpondnews.com)
- International Week of the Deaf 9-24-12 to 9-30-12 (schoolpsychscholar.com)
Filed under: Deaf Awareness Week Tagged: | BitcoDavid, Deaf Artists, Deaf Awareness Week, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, JeanFAndrews, Lamar University, postaday, Texas School for the Deaf, VSA Arts