According to the Washington Post, Angela McCaskill, the Chief Diversity Officer who was suspended in October of last year for signing a petition decrying Maryland’s same sex marriage law, has been reinstated to her position.
The case was controversial because McCaskill – a representative of diversity at a school for the Deaf – signed a petition that many would consider anathema to the very concept. Furthermore, in a press release speech, she thanked Tony Perkins and the Family Resource Council – the former having ties to White Supremacist groups, and the latter being identified as a Hate Group. However, she received thousands of signatures in an online petition asking for her reinstatement.
For WaPo’s coverage, click here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/gallaudet-reinstates-administrator-who-signed-petition-supporting-same-sex-marriage-vote/2013/01/07/4c0c61d2-5931-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html
A special shoutout to PEOPLE OF THE EYE for bringing this to my attention.
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
For further DeafInPrison.com coverage of the McCaskell story, follow these links:
- Gallaudet Chief Diversity Officer Reinstated After Singing Anti-Gay Marriage Petition (queerty.com)
- Gay Marriage Flap: Gallaudet Reinstates Official (abcnews.go.com)
- Gay marriage flap: Gallaudet reinstates official (utsandiego.com)
- Gay marriage flap: Gallaudet reinstates official (nctimes.com)
- Gay marriage flap: Gallaudet reinstates official (sfgate.com)
- Gay marriage flap: Gallaudet reinstates official (heraldonline.com)
- Gay marriage flap: Gallaudet reinstates official (kansascity.com)
- Gallaudet University reinstates chief diversity officer (bizjournals.com)
- Gallaudet Reinstates Official Who Signed Gay Marriage Petition (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Angela McCaskill reinstated after signing gay marriage petition (wjla.com)
Filed under: News Tagged: | #JusticeForFelix, Alan Hurwitz, Angela McCaskill, BitcoDavid, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, Gallaudet University, Posting Mania - Year 2 Explodes, Tony Perkins, Washington Post