My friend Cynthia Dixon of 4 Ears, 4 Eyes created this awesome video-slide show presentation and posted it on her site. In it, she shows how to ask for the proper accommodations to suit your needs, and how to go about finding them.
[Editor's Note: This is a slide show with embedded videos. In order to see and enjoy it, it is necessary for you to click the little play button and follow the sequence. It won't "autoplay."]
The video gives an excellent description of the different forms of interpreting and includes a fascinating introduction to tactile interpreting.
Go here to see the original post:
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- November at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- San Francisco Animator Explains Drug War (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- McCaskill Reinstated (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- When One Hand Refuses to Wash the Other (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Drugmakers Step Up Search For Hearing Loss Medicines (huffingtonpost.com)
- DeafInPrison rough in Britain, Too (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Viewpoint: Does deafness contribute to dementia? (bbc.co.uk)
- Exposure to Loud Music Damages Ears (medicaldaily.com)
- Sound Advice: Tips for Protecting Your Hearing (theepochtimes.com)
- Drug makers step up search for hearing loss medicines (bangordailynews.com)
Filed under: ReBlogs Tagged: | #JusticeForFelix, 4Ears4Eyes.com, Accommodations, Americans with Disabilities Act, BitcoDavid, Cynthia Dixon, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, Hearing impairment, Posting Mania - Year 2 Explodes