We work hard to be the best blog we can be, and we are flattered to receive this honor.
As part of our acceptance of this reward, I have been asked to answer these questions:
1. If you could change something what would you change?
I would like to be able to change America’s current punitive culture. I was raised to believe that in this country, while vicious crimes were justly punished, the state saw its primary obligation as trying by all means necessary, to keep people out of prison. Furthermore, once an individual payed for the mistakes she made, she was square with the house, and she was given the opportunity to rebuild her broken life. I no longer find that to be the case, and I think that is a tragic situation.
2. If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
I think that’s a pretty tough question. I could say that any – other than the 9 months I spent in utero – have all been hell. On the other hand, I’ve had a blast during my visit to Planet Earth, and wouldn’t give up a minute of it.
3. What one thing really scares you?
Ignorance. Ignorance and stupidity. I see it everywhere I look, and it’s on the rise.
4. What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
Oh this is simple. Being a household name. Do I think I’ll be able to complete it? I do – and pizza for everybody, on me – when I win my first Pulitzer.
5. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
Jack. I’ve never known any Human being who possessed the pure joie de vivre that a dog does. Only a dog forgives all transgressions, and only to your dog, are you flawless – even Godlike.
And now for my nominations:
BitcoDavid is a blogger and a blog site consultant. In former lives, he was an audio engineer, a videographer, a teacher – even a cab driver. He is an avid health and fitness enthusiast and a Pro/Am boxer. He has spent years working with diet and exercise to combat obesity and obesity related illness.
- November at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- 2012 at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- When One Hand Refuses to Wash the Other (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Eighth and Final Chapter in the Felix Garcia Video Series (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What’s Going On? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- How Cool is This! (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- San Francisco Animator Explains Drug War (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Reality Blog Award (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- DeafInPrison rough in Britain, Too (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Digest Post – Sunday 1/13/2013 (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Awards and Accolades Tagged: | #JusticeForFelix, Awards and Accolades, BitcoDavid, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, Followed Blogs, Moorbey'z Blog, Posting Mania - Year 2 Explodes, Reality Blog Award, WordPress