Save the date: March 27TH, 2013
Dr. Monteiro was co-chair of the 1st World Congress on Mental Health and Deafness at Gallaudet University, Washington, USA, where he was presented with a “Pioneering Award” with a citation; “Whose Ground Breaking work in the Advancement of Mental
Health practice in the Deaf Community has paved the way for all who come after”.
Other scheduled speakers include: Dr. Aviva Twersky Glasner, Marsha Graham, Esq., Dr. Jennifer Hartsfield and Dr. Alan Comedy who will be speaking on understanding diversity.
To learn more, click to read the original post at:
Marsha Graham is the driving force behind several blogs, among them AnotherBoomerBlog. She is a good friend to DeafInPrison.com and we would be lost without her support. When she’s not blogging, she’s a committed activist and attorney.
“I breathe, drive, take photographs, and write – not necessarily in that order.“
- When One Hand Refuses to Wash the Other (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Promises Made, Promises Broken (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- Your Money or Your Life (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- PROMISES: MADE & BROKEN to DEAF Prisoners (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Deaf Mental Health Care (routledgementalhealth.com)
- Nowhere Man In Nowhere Land (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- What’s Going On? (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- January at DeafInPrison.com (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- DeafInPrison.com Nominated for Reality Blog Award (deafinprison.wordpress.com)
- New Vera Institute report looks at performance funding for criminal justice reform (sentencing.typepad.com)
Filed under: Events, News Tagged: | #Justice, AnotherBoomerBlog, Criminal justice, Deaf Culture, Deaf in Prison, DeafInPrison.com, February - Awesomest Month, Gallaudet University, Marsha Graham, Mental health